Slackriders  
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Forums :: Register ::.
Toggle Content Main Menu
 Home
 News
 Account Options
 Community
 Web

Toggle Content Upcoming Events
Thu Dec 25, 2014
Event

Forums › Lets RIDE! › Trip / Ride Journal › Slackrider in KohSamui

Slackrider in KohSamui
Journal and Stories of your unforgettable riding/racing experience and trips
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTrip / Ride Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

Well..my 1st attempt riding solo...now as i am filling this up,i am still here in Samui...

On my XR

stay tuned for more when i return.. Wink
Kied
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

Post more photos. Take care!!
AJ
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

yes i will...you gonna have to wait for photos...

I hope Amin can rescue me with his Ford Ranger if my bike got into trouble... Laughing Embarassed
yzknobbies
SR Silver Member
SR Silver Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

wah ride up again
aSsTrO
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

wow. have fun. Need to check with u if the MX track is still there?
Went there once in 03. Its along chaweng beach dat stretch. Somewhere behind a street market selling groceries if i still rem it correctly.

Thanks
bro_isk™
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

Gilek siak dak nih.... - " Crazy sia dis guy...."

Upz to u lah AJ..... Ride safe bro...
aremean_troy™®©
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

YOU ARE TRUELY THE ONE!!!!
the mad one....

LOL

Dont worry AJ, give me a call if your bike breaks down etc, will come and rescue you!

but I doubt XR650R will fail lah... Its a HONDA
new_dirt
SR Silver Member
SR Silver Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

aremean_troy wrote:
YOU ARE TRUELY THE ONE!!!!
the mad one....

LOL

Dont worry AJ, give me a call if your bike breaks down etc, will come and rescue you!

but I doubt XR650R will fail lah... Its a HONDA

Erm.. he has a 50kg box on the wimpy aluminium subframe... Twisted Evil
nizam_75
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

ride safe my friend! enjoying freedom to the fullest! Very Happy
Its a Honda.... no wing no prayer.
longbeach
SR Silver Member
SR Silver Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

Honda dreams!

haha,,ride safe careful of the crosswind n traffic, c u soon, Wink
recceduck
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

testing your fairings if can tahan ferry ride ka? =p

hope you post your review on your XRR for such a ride soon.
AJ
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

thanks friends...i just got home...left from Hatyai yesterday around 5pm when i discovered my subframe which has been welded 3times cracked and broke again...i was leaving late bcoz i was waiting for my seat to be ready...and at 1am,i was already bypass KL...but had to stay for an hour at Ayer Keroh to changed clothes due to the stupid sudden thunderstorm...and bcoz of the rain,body bcame tired with fatigue and eyes cant withstand which left me sleeping at the RnR Kulai till 8am....then i headed for JB to do the welding and washing the bike..and reason for not pursuing to Krabi,the sprockets,chain and my butt can't withstand...stay tuned for more reports and pictures...need to rest...
mukz
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

welcome home buddy... Razz
have a gd rest n wake up later wif all the pics n reports for the trip... hehe
Smile Mr. Green Smile
Rochor
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
thanks friends...i just got home...left from Hatyai yesterday around 5pm when i discovered my subframe which has been welded 3times cracked and broke again...i was leaving late bcoz i was waiting for my seat to be ready...and at 1am,i was already bypass KL...but had to stay for an hour at Ayer Keroh to changed clothes due to the stupid sudden thunderstorm...and bcoz of the rain,body bcame tired with fatigue and eyes cant withstand which left me sleeping at the RnR Kulai till 8am....then i headed for JB to do the welding and washing the bike..and reason for not pursuing to Krabi,the sprockets,chain and my butt can't withstand...stay tuned for more reports and pictures...need to rest...

Bro welcome back
Thank god u stopped when u had too
Alot of riders esp on such long haul rides carry
on with grave consequences
Rest first then meet for kopi one of these days to tellstory
AJ
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Slackrider in KohSamui Reply with quote

Thanks dudes...

I really can't tell you what's on my mind for doing this ride..futhermore doing it solo on a thumper...i m not very experience..i'm just like the rest of you..pure slackers...
It all started on thurs morning...some stuffs got at the back off my head which i really felt i need a break from it all...talked to my supervisors for applying the whole week off...got the green light...pay day was just 3days away...money in pocket was just enuff for fuel,hotels and some light food...did'nt even have anymore for spares...
so anyways,with some aid from good buddies,who have borrowed me,spare tubes,tyre lever,cameras,tent,and money too...you guys know who you are,the plan is right on schedule...i managed to get rear tyre replacement with cheap alternative using vee rubber semi-offrd tyre and also replace tube and engine oil.

I set up at Friday nite...some friends met me up at GP to see me off...

The ride was very cold,quiet and dark ride...my only best friend,my mp3..

The fairing did an outstanding job.....the bike don't shake at all...i dun feel the turbulance of the NSH...the wind protection i got from the fairing was well worth it...the lower mudguard too plays a good role...i would rate the fairing 9/10 for touring...the lighting needs some work however...the low beam was very bright...except it was a little to short as my fairing is alttle high...that can be adjusted...the highbeam giving a blue rays of light...further forward but too weak...so i just stick with the orange low beam..

i had a very bad stomachache from the begining of the journey..i have to let one go at GP...
i left GP at 12.25am.
and immediately at Ayer Keroh,210km after GP,the toilet has been my new resting place...its 2.20am.
The pain didnt end there...it comes and goes...its that bad that i really wanted to cry it out...its so unbearable...must have been something i ate before the ride..
The next stop was at Tapah...its after KL...265km off my last stop...toilet was the only thing i could think off

...its 5.10am..after the toilet break,i had some light stuff to consume before i started my puasa...this is what i had.

so after about 600kms of riding with stopping just for refueling,the sun finally pops out to give the body a little twitch of energy..

Last edited by AJ on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTrip / Ride Journal All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: