Slackriders  
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Forums :: Register ::.
Toggle Content Main Menu
 Home
 News
 Account Options
 Community
 Web

Toggle Content Upcoming Events
There are no events scheduled in the next 30 days.

Forums › Kopitiam › Hall of Fame › Catching up with Matthew Cooper

Catching up with Matthew Cooper
All about Singapore Dirtbike riders (MX/Trail/Enduro/Supermoto) who follow their passions. Interviews and pictures of achievements of deserving riders. All contributions welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexHall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kied
SR Platinum Member
SR Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

Kit: Wuss up Matt?! OMG, Time flies, I 1st knew you when you were riding a 65cc or a small wheeled 85cc!!! Later you became THAT speedy MX teenager rider living and growing up in Singapore and then.......all of a sudden, you relocated to Canada. So Fill us in on what happened after you left Singapore?
Matthew Cooper: After I left Singapore, we moved to Canada for my racing and see where it could go.

K: Wow, turning full time MX racer!! How is it turning out?
MC: Unfortunately I had some bad luck with some bad injuries that put me out if riding for almost a whole season. Now we are back on track making massive improvements down here in Florida.

K: Any Fav tracks or MX things/people/food you miss in Singapore and Malaysia?
MC: I miss the food, the roti, chicken rice and the Colbar curry ! Ulu Pengilli was without a doubt the best track other than Kluang after it had rained. I miss the whole racing scene and the carnival events and all the riders, was a good 7 years of motocross.

K: Tell us about your ride and team in the USA?
MC: Well I've been down in the states almost a few months now, and I'm training and living with Woman's Champion Jacqueline Ross and her Dad joe is my mechanic who used to work for American Honda and a mechanic and even wrenched for Justin Barcia. So my KTMs are always on point and do what I want them to do.

K: What kind of Support you get and how's your training? I mean what goals you have, what races this year?
MC: We are training really hard and pushing for the goals we have set. I am riding for, Cycle Sport Centre KTM, Mission Cycle KTM, Race Tech, FMF, Decal Works Gaerne, Leatt-Brace, Novik Gloves, Dubya, Integrity Racing. The goals this year are on the Canadian B class championships as well as the Loretta Lynn qualifiers etc !

K: What's the biggest difference between riding in Singapore/Malaysia and USA?
MC: The biggest difference between here and Malaysia is the speed and the tracks. It's on a whole different level out here. Dog eat dog racing here.

K: Name 1 thing you hated about MX racing in Singapore/Malaysia?
MC: Just the fact that there wasn't many races that I could go to or many tracks!

K: Your name still comes up regularly at the MX tracks.....Any chance of you coming back soon? Any race you want to do in Asia?
MC: I'd like to come back and visit soon. id like the race the Kememan race again cause that was really fun and id also eventually like to come and qualify for the Thai GP!

K: Thanks for your time and Good Luck with the races. Slackriders.com wishes you the best!!
MC: Thanks for the interview and wish everyone the best !

3 of our slackriders at Cheesecake Factory, Orlando, Florida. Caught up with Matt over dinner a week after the Atlanta, Georgia 2014 SX race.

Matt putting down laps after laps at tracks in Florida.

ReedC
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

Best wishes Matt!
gforce759
SR Bronze Member
SR Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

Omg.. I miss Cheesecake factory.. I knew Matthew will miss Roti Prata..
Hahahaha.. Best wishes from Us Matt.. if you come back train us full time ok.. Mr. Green
DBK_twitch
SR Newbie
SR Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

no more crazy grey goose shots??..lol
DBK_twitch
SR Newbie
SR Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

no more crazy grey goose shots??..lol
dark_angel
SR Gold Member
SR Gold Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Catching up with Matthew Cooper Reply with quote

Hey matt,

great to hear from you! your a champ! All the best in your racing career, most importantly be safe man! I seen some of those nasty x-rays on your Facebook.

: )
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexHall of Fame All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: